For smoother, brighter skin try our rich Cleansing Balm & Overnight Mask. This thick, luxurious balm is made with passion fruit and papaya oils which contain natural forms of alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) that gently and effectively resurface and exfoliate the skin, leaving it smoother and brighter.
Good for all skin types, this cleansing balm is especially great for dry skin and can be used as an overnight mask. During your skin's night time reparative mode, allow the mask to nourish and moisturize, erasing fine lines while you sleep.
• Great cleanser for dry skin & can also be used as an overnight mask
• Nourishes & moisturizes skin while helping erase fine lines
• Balances & detoxifies -- also eases overproduction of oil in oilier skin
• Also an excellent makeup remover!
• Maracuja (Passion Fruit) Oil - rare oil pressed from the seed of the passion fruit (not the more common, less potent flower oil) supremely hydrating emollient, antioxidant, antiinflammatory
• Papaya Oil - contains enzyme papain which is an excellent natural exfollient -- due to antiinflammatory properties, you get the effects of a chemical peel without the irritation
• Buriti Oil - 'miracle ingredient' moisturizes, boosts collagen production, soothes skin irritations & protects against damage from sun & environmental pollutants
Scent: Unisex (Notes Of Chocolate & Orange). Made with 100% certified organic ingredients. 50ml/1.7 fl oz
Ingredients — 100% Certified Organic:
Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Moringa oleifera (Moringa) Oil, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Carica papaya (Papaya) Seed Oil, Passiflora edulis (Maracuja) Oil, Citrus sinensis (Orange) Oil, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil, Mauritia flexuosa (Buriti) Oil
Cocoa Butter This thick emollient made from the cocoa bean is both the base ingredient for chocolate and an antioxidant-rich moisturizer. Great for people with sensitive skin, cocoa butter soothes and eases the effects of eczema and other skin conditions. Its strong regenerative properties can also help acne scars and other blemishes.
Shea butter's value in the care of skin and hair is so great that the tree from which it comes has been considered sacred for thousands of years. In the rugged deserts of Africa, Shea butter is used to lock in moisture and protect against the UV rays of the sun. As a stimulant of the skin's microcirculation, Shea butter helps repair skin damage and promotes the growth of collagen leaving skin softer and more supple.
Moringa Oil Whereas the shelf life of most oils is one to two years, Moringa oil is so loaded with antioxidants that it remains powerful and effective as an anti-inflammatory moisturizer for five years or more. As a deep cleanser, Moringa oil vigorously attacks blackheads and acne while gently stripping the skin of dirt and air pollution residues leaving skin fresh and glowing.
Safflower oil's abundance of linoleic acids combine with the skin's natural sebum to unclog pores and help with acne and rashes. This odorless oil is also highly regenerative, stimulating growth of new skin cells for a youthful radiance.
Papaya Oil Among other wonderful vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, papaya oil contains the enzyme papain which gently dissolves sebum and dead skin cells, making it an amazing natural exfoliant. But unlike commercial chemical exfoliants which can irritate, papaya oil contains antiinflammatory compounds that soothe the skin while removing brown spots and acne scars. The result is a far more balanced and even appearance without the irritation of a chemical peel.
Maracuja Oil Most commercial Maracuja oil is extracted from the flower of the passion fruit plant. While containing very good skin care properties, the oil we use is the more rare (and more potent) oil from the seed of the passion fruit. A supremely hydrating emollient, this oil is antioxidant, antiinflammatory and is also believed to be a reliever of stress and anxiety.
Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) Apart from its delicious aroma, orange oil both increases blood flow to the skin and promotes the growth of collagen giving it terrific anti-aging properties. Its anti-inflammatory qualities help soothe skin, while its antiseptic nature inhibits microbial growth.
Grapefruit oil's strength as a natural disinfectant ensured it a spot on our Cleansing Balm — Overnight Mask's ingredients list. It gently strips away excessive oil, leaving skin smooth and silky. Its powerful antioxidant and anti-aging characteristics also help combat fine lines and age spots when used regularly.
Buriti Oil The oil of the Amazonian buriti fruit is so valuable a skin care remedy that the indigenous peoples from its rainforest home refer to it as the "Tree Of Life". The oil is an incredibly rich source of beta carotene which is very helpful in preventing premature skin ageing by acting as an antioxidant; a substance that reduces oxygen damage caused by UV light, pollutions and other environmental hazards like smoking. Beta carotene can make your skin less sensitive to the sun and sunscreen more effective. It is great for treating skin conditions like dry skin, eczema and psoriasis. Buriti oil is also full of vitamins E and C, and essential fatty acids that not only moisturize, they also contribute to the production of collagen and elastin.
1. Scoop about a quarter teaspoon of balm into your palm.
2. Massage all over skin for 1-2 minutes.
3. After massaging, run comfortably-hot water over a soft wash cloth OR MUSLIN CLOTH (don't burn yourself!)
4. Wring cloth out and place over your face, pressing it into your skin.
5. Once the cloth cools, run under hot water again and repeat step 4 1 or 2 more times.
6. Using the cloth, gently remove the excess oil off of your face.
7. It can also be left overnight as a mask for maximum hydration.
Avoid contact with eyes.