Red Henna is the perfect color for people looking to add subtle red to their natural shade of dark brown, as well as those looking for a natural redhead color. This color of henna is particularly beneficial for people dealing with grey coverage. Applied before the brown, this red henna will help the brown color to better adhere to your grey roots. Using a specific ratio of the henna leaf and bark, MM offers the finest in chemical-free hair color.
Morrocco Method Henna is 100% chemical free and contains no harsh metals, parabens, or toxins that irritate the hair and scalp. No matter the color of henna, it is deeply nourishing, conditioning and the perfect alternative to harsh chemical hair dyes.
MM HENNA HAIR DYE IS FORMULATED TO:
• Supply rich, long-lasting color using only 100% pure botanical ingredients with no harsh metals or synthetic chemicals.
• Simultaneously hydrate and condition hair strands.
• Add a protective sheath of henna to the hair strand.
• Gently and safely coat the hair, allowing for repeated treatments without risk of damage.
MADE FROM RAW, WILDCRAFTED INGREDIENTS
We provide you with the purest henna for hair color available. Without chemical additives or irritants, MM henna for hair color provides a deep, rich color while conditioning your hair and scalp. MM continues to bring the purest ingredients into our products to ensure their quality and the quality of your look. All are 100% plant material and completely chemical free: no metallic salts, no ammonia, no PPD!
• Great for conditioning hair and pulling out impurities from scalp.
• Can be used as a base for Henna to cover greys.
• Prevents Indigo from fading when used as a base for Brown and Black Henna Hair Dye.
Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Leaf Powder
How to Mix & Apply Red Henna
• Black Tea, 2 cups strongly brewed and cooled
• Apple Cider Vinegar, up to 3 tablespoons (use raw, unpasteurized for best results) - OR - Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice, up to 3 tablespoons
• Red Henna Kit (1 bag of Red Henna) *
• OPTIONAL: Morrocco Method Euro Oil, 1 - 3 t easpoons
• OPTIONAL: Clove, Ginger, or Cinnamon, powdered 1 - 3 tsp (To lessen the s mell of henna)
Other Liquids: Black Tea with Apple Cider Vinegar/Lemon Juice is the most common liquid used when mixing henna. However, you may replace it entirely with:
• Apple or Orange Juice, 2 cups
• Herbal Tea (chamomile, rosemary, etc.), 2 cups strongly brewed and cooled
• Filtered Water, 2 cups warmed
• Filtered Water, 2 cups warmed with 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
Mixing & Application
1. Pour Red Henna powder from packet into mixing bowl. Add clove, ginger, or cinnamon at this point to lessen smell of henna. Add apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. The more you use of either ingredient, the deeper the end results will be. However, it will a lso increase the time needed to release the dye and may have a drying effect on the hair and scalp.
2. Slowly add black tea to Red Henna until it is the consistency of yogurt. The mixture should not drip from the spoon but should still be easily spreadable. You may not need all 2 cups of tea to achieve this.
3. Add Euro Oil to mixture. Use more Euro Oil if you added a lot of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Do not use more than 3 t ea sp oons , as the oil can prevent the color from sticking.
4. Cover the bowl with p lastic wrap, pressing to remove any excess air, and let sit for 8 - 12 hours. If a generous amount of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar were used, we suggest letting it sit the full 12 hours. If the temperature is below 60 degrees, it may take longer than 1 2 hours. Check the surface for color change from the original green/olive/tan to a darker brown - red, which will signal the dye release.
5. Section your hair, put a towel around your shoulders, and apply Euro Oil to your hairline and ears to prevent skin stain ing. Using gloved hands, apply henna to clean, dry hair. (It can be applied to towel - dried hair but not wet). For visual reference, visit: www.morroccomethod.com/henna
6. Wrap hair with plastic wrap or put on a shower cap. Optionally, put on a fabric cap ove r the plastic to trap body heat. The key is to keep the paste moist and warm.
7. Leave mixture in hair for 1 - 4 hours. The longer it is left, the more dye will saturate into your hair. Do not leave it in overnight.
8. Unwrap your hair and rinse with water only. Use a drain catcher to prevent possible clogging. You can u se Pearl Essence Creme Rinse or a few drops of Euro Oil to aid in the henna rinsing process, especially if you used a lot of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. The Morrocco Method Scalp Massager may also help in removing the henna.
9. Do not shampoo your hair until 24 hours after the henna treatment. The full color will appear after 72 hours. This color will last 8 - 12 weeks.
Important Note About Chemical Dyes
Morrocco Method Red Henna Hair Color is 100% pure plant dye. There are no chemicals, metallic salts, or PPD. Morrocco Method henna hair color is the safest form of hair dye you can use, and it even has healthy benefits for your hair. You can safely use henna on previously chemi cally dyed hair, but we suggest waiting 6 - 8 weeks after your last dye job to allow for detox.
If choose to continue with chemical dyes after applying henna, you'll need to wait 6 - 8 weeks until it fades. It won't "burn" your hair, which is a reaction t o chemically - adulterated henna, but it can give you unpredictable results. Plant dyes don't lift easily out of your hair, leaving the end color unpredictable, and it fades faster because henna makes your hair less porous.
Going lighter cannot be done with a box dye, and the amount of developer you will need to lift the henna will damage your hair to the point where it won't take dyes well. When dying your hair with henna and indigo (using any of the Browns or Black) , it will only lift the henna, and not th e indigo, giving you green hair. The amount of chemicals you need to remove indigo from your hair will make your hair too damaged to hold any dye at all. You can, however, dye your hair the same color or darker.