10 Degrees Cooler by Apothecary 90291 | Marine Algae Repairing Mask
10 Degrees Cooler by Apothecary 90291 Marine Algae Repairing Mask, made from seaweed, wheatgrass, and two different types of algae, is a super-green, superfood for your face! For thousands of years marine algae have been recognized for their myriad benefits to human health.
The reparative and moisturizing properties of marine algae and seaweeds have made them a prized skin care tool since ancient times, but even our ancestors didn't know how powerful these organisms really were.
This mask has been formulated as a detox, pollution fighting mask. Due to the astringent properties of the ingredients it is geared towards people with normal to oily skin and/or acne problems. It can be used by people with all skin types but people with dry skin should used it only once/week not more often as it might have a tendency to over-dry the skin. However it is a great detox mask!
The trace elements contained in the seaweed and algae species in this mask (manganese, copper, phosphorus iodine, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc) function as detoxifying antioxidants, ridding the skin of free radicals from pollution and other environmental sources. Positively loaded with vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, C, D, E, and K) seaweeds, spirulina and single-celled chlorella also work to strengthen and promote the growth of skin tissues like collagen and elastin which break down as we age.
Combined with the efficient astringent quality of the chlorophyll in wheatgrass, the fine-line-reducing enzymes and amino acids in aloe, and the free radical fighting antioxidant selenium in barley powder, the power of seaweed and algae in this mask will clean, tighten, protect and hydrate your skin leaving it with a softer, smoother, youthful glow.
Unlike most masks available today, Apothecary 90291 Marine Algae Repairing Mask comes to you in powder form for you to mix yourself. This ensures maximum potency of the ingredients which remain unactivated until you are ready to use the mask. Your experience will be tailor-made to your own preferences and fresh every time.
• Terrific pollution-fighting mask designed to thoroughly cleanse and protect the skin from harmful environmental elements
• Highly reparative mask good for all skin types, but especially designed for oily, problem skin
• Vitamin-rich seaweeds, spirulina and single-celled chlorella work to strengthen and promote the growth of skin tissues like collagen and elastin
• Made from ethically-sourced, raw ingredients - Never tested on animals
• Aloe Leaf Powder - packed with vitamins & minerals -- locks in moisture & fights fine lines
• Chlorella Powder - wonderful anti-pollution, anti-inflammatory, & anti-aging ingredient -- actually surrounds heavy metal particles on the skin allowing them to be washed away rather than absorbed
• Wheatgrass Juice Powder - loaded with chlorophyll which aids in the development of healthy red blood cells -- aids in the production of new skin cells which helps reduce the appearance of scars
Unisex/Unscented. Made with 100% certified organic, food grade ingredients. 1oz/(Nt. Wt. 20 grams)
Ingredients — 100% Certified Organic:
Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Powder, Chlorella vulgaris (Chlorella) Powder, Ascophyllum nodosum (Kelp) Powder, Arthrospira platensis (Spirulina) Powder, Triticum aestivum (Wheatgrass) Powder, Hordeum vulgare (Barley) Powder
Aloe Leaf Powder -This amino acid and enzyme-rich powder, derived from the raw interior of the aloe leaf, nourishes and soothes the skin, leaving it more smooth and supple. When applied as a mask, this powder, packed with vitamins and minerals, will also lock in moisture, helping reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Chlorella Powder -When you learn what's inside chlorella the biggest mind-blower of all is that all of this crazy goodness is packed within one tiny cell. In addition to being comprised of 60% protein, each chlorella cell has shoe-horned into it amino acids, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins C, A, K, folic acid and a host of B vitamins. In addition to its anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, chlorella actually surrounds the heavy metals picked up through exposure to air pollution making it possible to wash them away before they are absorbed into the bloodstream.
Kelp Powder -Kelp powder (seaweed) is an amazing reparative and detoxifier. The numerous nutrients in kelp are excellent for nourishing and toning the skin, and mineral salts in seaweed also help to reduce fine lines by locking moisture in. When used as a mask, kelp powder also unclogs pores and helps the skin to rid itself of toxins collected from air pollution and other environmental sources, leaving your face softer, smoother, cleaner and totally refreshed!
Spirulina Powder -Spirulina (often referred to generically as blue-green algae) is widely used internally as a protein and antioxidant-rich superfood, and when used topically in a mask it acts like a superfood for your face. Its gamma linolenic acids (GLA's) help with dry skin conditions (such as eczema), while its high level of chlorophyll makes it a great detoxifier. Spirulina has tons of antioxidants as well, making it a great tool for repairing pollution and sun-damaged skin. A soother of rosacea! A fighter of acne! Just a couple more reasons skin care pros call spirulina super!
Wheatgrass Powder -Wheatgrass contains concentrated enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that work detoxifying wonders on your skin. A great soother and reparative of damaged skin, wheatgrass is also loaded with chlorophyll which aids in the development of healthy red blood cells. This, in turn, aids in the production of new skin cells which helps reduce the appearance of scars. Chlorophyll's astringent properties also makes wheatgrass a fantastic skin cleanser.
Barley Powder -The selenium in barley powder is terrific for improving and maintaining your skin's elasticity. It's also a great natural defender against the free radical damage we encounter everyday from pollution and the UV rays of the sun. In addition to protecting your skin, barley powder is a tightener that will, with regular use, give your skin a more youthful appearance.
1. In a small bowl or cup, add a bit of warm water or your favorite toner to 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of mask powder.
For a great enzyme and hydration boost, add a little raw honey and/or some organic plain yoghurt to the mask.
2. Mix your mask until it reaches your desired consistency (While some prefer a creamier mask, others find a more liquid mask easier to apply. Either way is fine.
3. Next, 'paint' the mask on with a fan brush or makeup brush, or you can simply use your fingers. Be sure to apply the mask under your jawline and even down your neck and décolletage.
Allow your mask to dry 5-15 minutes. Most people with normal to oily skin should easily be able to allow 10-15 minutes of drying time. Individuals with more sensitive skin may wish to only leave the mask on for 5 minutes or less before removing.
4. To remove, use a warm wet washcloth to soften the dry mask before gently washing off. Alternatively, you can apply your mask treatment just before your shower and simply wash it off there.
Feel free to enjoy the benefits of this mask 1 to 2 times per week.
Avoid contact with eyes.