Addictive Wellness Energy Raw Chocolate
"An absolute noticeable difference with just one piece. Buying more!"
ADAPTOGEN-ENHANCED RICH GOURMET CHOCOLATE MADE WITH THE PUREST CACAO IN THE WORLD!
Hand-crafted to satisfy all of your cravings, desires, and senses. We're so excited to share this unique and delicious chocolate experience with you.
Please do not consume if allergic to mushrooms, pregnant or breastfeeding. If you're allergic to mushrooms, pregnant or breastfeeding, try the Pure Raw Chocolate!
Heirloom Arriba Nacional Cacao
These trees have more robust, non-domesticated genetics. Only 1% of the entire world's cacao production is Arriba Nacional. The other 99% of cacao production comes from plantation grown heavily hybridized varieties that can't compare to the flavor and overall experience of Arriba Nacional.
Wild Jungle Grown
Ethically sourced: the caretakers of these trees are paid 3-4x fair trade prices, which incentives them to be good stewards of the jungle. The cacao comes from 40-80 year old wild trees in a jungle environment, grown in mineral-rich soil - never from a mono-cropped plantation farm.
Mycotoxin-Free Raw Cacao
The cacao beans are fermented using traditional techniques and dried very carefully and in small batches to ensure temperature control and to prevent the growth of mold and formation of mycotoxins. The cacao is raw, never roasted, so all heat sensitive beneficial compounds remain intact.
The cacao beans are broken into cacao nibs and slowly stone-ground into cacao paste over 10-12 hours. The facility only processes this wild organic cacao. It is then pressed to separate the cacao butter and cacao powder. The slow speed and specialized equipment allow us to keep the temperatures low.
The Healthiest Gourmet Chocolate
These chocolates are completely sugar-free, making them ideal for dietary restrictions and sugar-sensitive conditions. They're Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, and Non-GMO. Keep reading below to learn more about all the surprising healthy properties of cacao!
Addictive Wellness chocolates are artisanal, hand-poured and hand-packed. Lots of love is put into every one of them!
Organic Wild Raw Arriba Nacional Cacao
Addictive Wellness uses only the heirloom variety Arriba Nacional cacao that comprises less than 1% of chocolate production in the would.
This cacao is wild harvested in the jungles of Ecuador and has been shown by laboratory testing to be free of mycotoxins. (These mold toxins are a huge problem with almost all chocolate products!)
The cacao is fermented using traditional methods and slowly stone ground over a period of 10-12 hours to make it wonderfully smooth and also keep temperatures low. At all steps along the way, the cacao is kept below 118ºF to preserve the integrity of heat-sensitive nutrients and neurotransmitters.
North American Birch Xylitol
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol, but that can be a very confusing name, as this is neither a sugar, nor an alcohol! It is a great sugar-free sweetener that adds sweetness without affecting blood sugar.
Xylitol is naturally found in birch trees, corn, berries, oats, and mushrooms. Did you know that your liver actually produces 1-3 tsp of xylitol per day as a part of your natural metabolism?
Research on xylitol has shown positive effects on gut bacteria, bone health, dental health, anti-candida effects, and improved collagen production,
Organic Raw Lucuma
Lucuma grows on the South American Pouteria lucuma tree and is known as the "gold of the Incas," and has been highly regarded as a traditional remedy for hundreds of years. It's very nutrient dense and a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber feeds good bacteria in the gut, while insoluble fiber supports formation of healthy bowel movements.
It is a rich source of antioxidants and preliminary in-vitro research shows promise in the areas of blood sugar management and heart health. Lucuma has a caramel/butterscotch/sweet potato flavor that pairs wonderfully with chocolate.
Special Non-Bitter Organic Stevia
Stevia is a little green leafy plant (my aunt grows it in her garden) that tastes sweet but doesn't contain any sugar and doesn't affect blood sugar or cause problems for those with sugar-sensitive conditions. Its chromium content can actually help to keep healthy blood sugar balance.
Many stevia products have a strong bitter aftertaste, but not all stevias are created equal! There are different sweet compounds in stevia known as rebaudiosides- some of them are sweeter, some are more bitter. This has the perfect profile for a very clean and natural sweet flavor with no aftertaste!
Organic Raw Wild Cacao Paste, Organic Raw Wild Cacao Butter, Birch Xylitol, Organic Raw Lucuma, Organic Cordyceps, Wildcrafted Astragalus, Wildcrafted Mucuna, Organic Wildcrafted Ashwagandha, Organic Stevia (Reb-A), Icelandic Sea Salt
Indulge when an energetic pickup is desired. Please do not consume if allergic to mushrooms, pregnant or breastfeeding.