Amla Powder is an Ayurvedic herb made from the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis). When added to the mix, it can boost your henna hair color by darkening the henna and preventing the indigo from fading, creating cooler hair colors. Amla also can help enhance the dye uptake for problematic roots. You can apply a full treatment of amla to boost your hair's volume and help bring back waves and curls lost from multiple henna treatments. (2oz/57g)
AMLA IS FORMULATED TO
• Naturally absorb excess oil from the hair and scalp with montmorillonite and bentonite clays.
• Boost hair's volume and help bring back waves and curls lost from multiple henna treatments.
• Enhance dye uptake for problematic roots.
• Give bounce and add softness.
• Can be used as a rejuvenating facial mask.
Helps prevent Indigo from fading when using Brown and Black Henna to avoid stronger Red tones.
Emblica Officinalis (Amla) Fruit Powder
Amla is a tan powder made from the dried Indian gooseberry fruit, Emblica officinalis.
It can be added to our Henna Hair Dyes for a variety of effects:
• Prevent s indigo from fading in Brown & Black Henna
• Cools red tones in Brown Henna & d arken s Red Henna
• Keeps Light Blonde Henna from turning brassy
• Prevent loosening of curls/waves from henna use
• Adds body & shine to hair
Use Amla with Henna Hair Dye Red or Light Blonde Henna
• Mix 2.5 tbsp amla to an entire packet of RED HENNA or LIGHT BLONDE HENNA powder, and then mix with warm water until a yogurt like consistency . Do not use black tea, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 8 - 12 hours, then apply as directed.
Amla Needed for each Henna Hair Dye:
• Light Brown: 2 tbsp
• Medium Brown: 1.5 tbsp
• Dark Brown: 1 tbsp
Mix amla powder in to LT/MD/DK BROWN HENNA powder, mix with warm water. Do not use black tea, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 8 - 12 hours and then use INDIGO as directed. Never add amla directly to indigo, it will inhibit dye release.
• Mix 2.5 tbsp a mla into BLACK HENNA powder , and then mix with warm water until it has yogurt - like consistency. Do not use black tea, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 8 - 12 hours then use as directed in the Black Henna instructions.
Use Amla as a Conditioning Treatment & Curl Restorer
For amla to restore waves/curls from repeated henna use or condition hair:
• Mix amla with warm water until it has a yogurt - like consistency.
• Let sit for 15 - 30 minutes, then put on hair as you would a henna treatment.
• Leave on for 30 minutes then rinse.
Use Amla as a Facial Treatment
Amla is high i n antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and has antibacterial and exfoliating properties.
• Mix amla with warm water until the paste has a yogurt - like consistency.
• Let it sit for 15 - 30 minutes, then use as a facial scrub.
• Rinse paste off with cool water.